Templars, Harry Potter, Tim LaHae, Ishmael, and String Theory

Sunday, March 12, 2006

TRUTH. What is it?

After I got caught up in this rambling of non-fiction, I realized that I needed a filter to reject or retain the barrage of new ideas that was hitting me. So, I came up with some guidelines for segregating TRUTH from propaganda of the establishment (or cultural myth: read Ishmael).

1.) TRUTH is universal. American Christians and Iraqi Islams should experience the same TRUTH.

2.)TRUTH is evidenced in the nature- which humans are part of, not apart from.

3.) TRUTH cannot be held secret, because even lies reveal it. (remember those horrible SAT questions that asked you to figure out who was from Truthtown and who was from Liarville: If you get enough liars together and interview them- you can find the TRUTH)

4.) Our understanding of TRUTH is limited by our unique perspectives. There is no way of knowing the form of TRUTH. Remember how the six blind men describe an elephant. Each has a version TRUTH, but there is always more. This includes ME.

By filtering the books I've read- I think I've gleaned a large amonut of TRUTH from the extraneous stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home